For my first interview in my new Web Creatives series, I met with my friend and long time web creative, Javier Romero. Like me, Javier is a native New Mexican. He’s been an active member of the local music scene for as long as I can remember.
It’s been quite a process, but after 2 years of hard work and long hours, my book, Uncommon Creative: The Handbook for Unicorns, is in the pre-press stage, and will soon be available in ebook, hardbound, and paperback!
Color is the first thing to get right with your brand because it's the first piece of information from the visual hierarchy to be interpreted by our minds. Not just a side dish to the graphic planning of your brand, color should be seen as a core and central component of your brand identity.
Every couple of years I recommend my top picks for best WordPress web hosts. My picks this year reflect a changing server landscape. The number of websites registered and hosted each year is growing at an exponential rate. Some hosts are keeping up with the demand by adding more server bandwidth and improved customer service, and some are going to get left in the dust.
It might be time to switch web hosts if you experience any of the following:
– Your site is running slowly
– You are about to launch a new website
– Customer service support has diminished
– Site visitors are experiencing unexpected downtime
– Your site has crashed because you had too many visitors
– Your site was hosted by a private re-seller that you are no longer working with (like a developer)
– You have been hacked recently
– Your web host is GoDaddy